Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pattern Play - Day 2

Techniques for Day 2 of Pattern Play included using clear embossing as a resist on pattern paper....so I dug out a stamp I don't often use but this seemed like a good time of year for bunnies, even Japanese ones.
Now that I'm taking a second look I notice I used "christmas" colors for an Easter card....yikes. But I still like the card and how it turned out.



....and another use of that darling stamp with pattern paper only in a more modest and muted style.




Pattern Play - Day 3

Yesterday we were encouraged to use "bold" prints....in a different way, by breaking up the pattern...this was a technique Kristina Werner showcased in her video and this is my take on it. Again with the Easter theme...in anything but "easter" colors!


4 comments:

  1. All of your cards are lovely, but I really like the last one where you die cut the bottom edge of the patterned paper. So neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bottom edge finish and added pattern paper to this idea from Kristina. Great take on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "Christmas" (I didn't think that) bunny caught my eye over in the gallery. Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card theme and pattern layout

    ReplyDelete